Batavia Police Department is hiring
The Batavia Police Department is accepting resumes for the positions of full-time and part-time police officers.
Batavia, Ohio, is the county seat of Clermont County and is experiencing rapid growth in jurisdictional size and population. As a result, we are increasing staffing levels. Current population is 1900+ with expectations this will double within the next two years.
A pre-application contact form may be obtained at the following link https://bataviaohiopd.org/employment-opportunities. This form, with resume included may be mailed, emailed, or returned in person at the Batavia Police Department 65 North Second Street Batavia, Ohio 45103, attention Jim Young, Chief of Police, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday October 22, 2021.
Batavia offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision health plan to full time employees. Probationary rate of pay is $18.00 per hour or probationary full time and $17.00 per hour for probationary part time.
Minimum qualifications include:
• An acceptable driving record.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• United States citizen.
• Criminal record free of felony convictions or other crimes of aggression, violence, or moral turpitude.
• Basic Ohio Police Officer Training Academy with OPOTA certification at time of appointment required. Individuals currently enrolled in OPOTA Basic Police Officer Academy are accepted for both full and part-time positions.
• Favorable employment history.
• No felony convictions.
• Working knowledge of computers, ability to learn and efficiently use department reporting system.